Saturday, February 20, 2010

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 10MP Digital Camera with 12x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3 inch LCD (Blue)

My original budget was for a sub $200 model such as Samsung TL320 12MP Digital Camera with 5x Schneider Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0 inch OLED Screen (Black) or a Nikon Coolpix L100 10MP Digital Camera with 15x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom. A friend and I were going on a trip and he bought the coolpix while I bought the zs3. we ended up clicking most of our pictures using my camera since it was better in almost all respects.

Image stabilization, portability, auto focus, richer colors. You name it and this camera kicked the pants off of the coolpix. To top it off the quality of the HD video it shot blew me away. I am a first time camera owner. My folks had a Cybershot that I have handled before. But this is truly a point and click marvel. Set it on Intelligent auto and say good bye to bad photographs.
The good

  1. Excellent point and shoot photos.
  2. Good image stabilization when clicking photos
  3. zooms in video mode
  4. 720p HD video
  5. portable fits easily in your jacket pocket

That bad
1. I hate the fact that Panasonic locked down it's batteries but I took a chance to ordered SterlingTek's battery for this camera even though it had mixed success. I am running firmware 1.2 and the battery worked fine for me.
2. Do not expect too much in low light conditions as is true for all point and shoot camera's
3. No 16:9 aspect ratio setting in Intelligent Auto mode.

Overall I'd recommend this to anybody who is not buying a DSLR.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails