Thursday, August 13, 2009

Learning Scala

In the last few weeks, I have seen lots of discussions on many blogs and forums on using Scala in anger. Although I have been using it on and of in the last couple of months, I have not really thought about using it on a real life project.

So, to take up the challenge and seriously immerse myself in it, I decided to get the Programming Scala: Tackle Multi-Core Complexity on the Java Virtual Machine. If you have not seen this book, I'd suggest you read the review here to give you an idea of the positive reviews it has been getting.

However, I will be blogging about my progress as I meticulously work my way through the book and my project. Due to the nature of the project, I won't be disclosing the details, but I efforts will be made to discuss and reference various aspect of the project as it progresses.

So, please follow this blog or leave your thoughts in the comments below if you would like to join the discussions. And please remember, you can also share your tips and tricks too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails