Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Iomega Prestige 1 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive 34275

I have been using the Iomega Prestige 500 GB external hard drive for over a month now, and it's been flawless. I have an iMac and I am using this hard drive as my backup-drive via Apple's "Time Machine" feature.

"Time Machine" backs up my computer's hard drive to the external drive regularly. When it does so I hear the gentle hum of the Iomega drive spin up as it does its job. Though I can hear the drive spin up, the sound is not distracting. I am actually happy to hear it since that lets me know that it is doing its job.

This is a USB-connected hard drive, and the installation was a breeze. The hard drive is ready to plug and use as is if you are a PC user, but I use a Mac. This does not pose a problem because the instructions that come in the box walk you through the process of formatting the drive for Mac compatibility. The formatting did not take long to complete.

The design of the Iomega drive is attractive, yet unobtrusive. it just sits on my desk behind by computer and quietly and competently does its job. I use the removable stand that came with the drive unit so that it stands on my desk. The drive comes with the stand and USB cord...everything I needed.

5 stars! Thanks Iomega!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails