Thursday, January 20, 2011

All New Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology

This is a review written roughly 2 hours after opening the delivered All New Kindle Wireless Reading Device.

There are other reviews out there that will give you an ample supply of pros and cons about this product, but my review will touch on none of that.

In my brief time with the Kindle 3G, I have found that it has taken the hassle out of reading. Pre-Kindle reading, for me, was always cumbersome. Not only would I worry about putting a crease in the spine of the book, but I would sit and lay at odd angles to keep the book open and align the text with my head. Since I have started reading on the Kindle, I've been able to lay it propped up against the wall and read on my stomach, hold it one handed while I lay on my back and side as well as the use the standard two handed method while sitting in an armchair. All of these positions have let me get totally swept away by the story instead of worrying about how I'm holding the book to easily turn the page or to even keep the darned thing open.

I did have one hesitation when playing with a friend's Kindle. I was worried that when I turned the page, that the split second negative image would bother me. I assume this was done to keep the micro-spheres from getting stuck and only displaying black or white. But I've found that while I'm reading, I hardly even notice this transition at all. In fact, most of the time I've found myself blinking during this process.

I'm looking forward to spending hours upon hours with my Kindle in hand and I'm wondering why I didn't get one years ago.

See the latest version here >>

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails