Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Social Network (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)

There are some movies that sound like they would be impossible to make or at least make entertaining. ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, APOLLO 13, DOUBT, THE QUEEN, SEABISCUIT, FROST/NIXON are just a few that spring to mind mainly because we know how they will end or that the plot seems one-note yet they turn out to be immensely enjoyable. THE SOCIAL NETWORK definitely falls into this catagory.

It sounds like it couldn't possibly be all that interesting yet not only is it but it is uncommonly entertaining! Thanks to a terrific script,a fascinating musical score and a director who envisioned this story in a unique, almost mystical way THE SOCIAL NETWORK is quite a ride in an intellectual, nerd-filled amusement park. The film quality is first-rate and the acting is outstanding. If these roles were not handled by these particular actors, I'm not sure the film would have been as good as it is.

I found myself thinking and talking about this film days after I'd seen it so while I know everyone's taste is, well, their own, and while I hesitate to recommend movies (the last time I recommended a movie so highly was SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE and my friends and family threatened to disown me), I just can't help myself with this one. I found it to be the best movie of the year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails