Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Leader Who Had No Title: A Modern Fable on Real Success in Business and in Life

I've got too many books to read... too much wisdom waiting for my intake. So, when I came across this book from a favorite, trusted author who I'd reconnected with through the magic of Twitter, I was reluctant to engage.

It's just a time thing, cost vs. benefit. And to be honest, the title didn't really spell it out for me. I couldn't see the connection with my life and needs. Sure, I have a business have moments of accepting my role as a leader but it's not where my focus is at the moment.

Ahhh... But, as luck would have it, as an author myself I had the good fortune to lay my hands on an early copy. I opened the fresh book planning to scan it for high-points and then file in the "get to it soon," pile... Ha ha.

That scanning turning into reading which turned into a completed book. I can't tell you exactly how but I can tell you that I feel an amazing sense of accomplishment, if only in completing something. More so, I am clear and energized. It's an amazing thing how words can awaken your soul and inspire your purpose.

There's a lifetime of wisdom in this masterpeice--but it's truly the power of the story that makes it work. There's a lot of smarts in every book store, online and in the world but so little knowledge matters for it's never effectively or inspirationally shared. Not the case here. Through a magically vivid story Robin shares a lifetime of transformational wisdom so effectively you won't even feel the pain of learning as it's "resistance free."

And as you may have gathered by now, it's not really a book of leadership, in the traditional sense. It's about LIFE and being a leader of self, an egoless leader of others and most notably a man or woman "at cause" in the world, making a difference. That's what truly matters most in this world we live in today.

If you're a place where you could use a boost of power, hope and confidence... have been thinking you could stand to take a strong handle of control in your life, make this the one book you embrace this year. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails