Today, the Spring Framework is the leading out-of-the-box solution for enterprise Java developers; in it, you can find a number of Java Persistence solutions.
Spring Persistence with Hibernate gets you rolling with fundamental Spring Framework 3 concepts and integrating persistence functionality into enterprise Java applications using Hibernate, the Java™ Persistence API (JPA) 2, and the Grails Object Relational Mapping tool, GORM.
- Covers core Hibernate fundamentals, demonstrating how the framework can be best utilized within a Spring application context
- Covers how to use and integrate JPA 2, found in the new Java EE 6 platform
- Covers how to integrate and use the new Grails persistence engine, GORM
What you’ll learn
- How to use Spring Persistence, including using persistence tools in Spring as well as choosing the best Java Persistence frameworks/tools outside of Spring
- How to work with Spring Framework features such as Inversion of Control (IoC), aspect-oriented programming (AOP), and more
- How to work with Spring JDBC, use declarative transactions with Spring, and reap the benefits of a lightweight persistence strategy
- How to work with Hibernate and integrate it into your Spring-based enterprise Java applications for transactions, data processing, and more
- How to integrate with legacy databases, as well as use best practices for developing web services and handling Hibernate proxies and lazy collections
- How to the integrate the Spring/Hibernate persistence tier with RIA technologies like Ajax and Flash
- How to integrate JPA for architecting a well-layered persistence tier in your enterprise Java application
- How to move a persistence tier into JPA
- How to use and integrate the Grails persistence framework, GORM, and how to leverage it within a standard Java Spring MVC application
Who is this book for?Spring Persistence with Hibernate is ideal for developers interested in learning more about persistence framework options on the Java platform, as well as fundamental Spring concepts. Because the book covers several persistence frameworks, it is suitable for anyone interested in learning more about Spring or any of the frameworks covered. Lastly, Spring Persistence with Hibernate book covers advanced topics related to persistence architecture and design patterns, and is ideal for beginning developers looking to learn more in these areas.
You should buy a copy NOW!