Thursday, September 02, 2010

Sh*t My Dad Says

Okay, so I have a Blackberry 9700 and I have the Kindle application on my phone. I was browsing through the library and found this book. It sounded remarkably like the guy I followed on Twitter so I decided to read the excerpt and realized it was! So I purchased the book and have been reading it in my downtime at work and I have to say that I have been laughing all day! I could not believe that someone's dad was this vulgar but at the same time at least you always knew what he was talking about and did not try to push things under the carpet like a lot of sensitive people tend to do these days. I am enjoying every moment and cannot wait to get home and order a pizza and finish this book.

For the people who are complaining that the book was too vulgar, I refer you to the title. If you have profanity in the title, what made you think it was going to be innocent like "A River Runs through It"? In this day and age it seems that everyone is so uptight. You can't say this; you can't say that, etc. It's nice to see someone who was not afraid of his own shadow in his own house and who was not afraid to stick up for his son's when needed-be. My mother was not as frank as he was but she certainly has had her time or two down at the schools defending me and my siblings. I say that times, work, economy is so hard on everyone right now. Sometimes you need to just sit back and ask yourself "what did he just say??" and have a good long laugh instead of bringing more unhappiness in your life by over-analyzing and complaining all the time. You have enough of that and I certainly do. We call this sort of humor close to what is termed "grave-yard humor", especially with the line about the dog. So stop complaining, sit back, grab a beer and some pizza, and laugh!

I know this is not supposed to be a literary genius book and I am good with that. Again, my life is stressful and I am tired and I just like the fact that I could just laugh because I have not genuinely done so in a very long time! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did! 5 stars all the way

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails