Written by the trainers at the Big Nerd Ranch, the worldwide leader in professional training for Mac developers, this book provides a hands-on guide to learning how to program for the iPhone and iPod touch. Coverage includes
- An overview of Objective-C, the core language you’ll use to program for the iPhone
- An overview of the Xcode Tools
- How to work with the iPhone SDK’s UIKit framework and Cocoa Touch
- Build apps that use MapKit and CoreLocation, as well as the magnetometer
- Dive into animation and effects, using Core Animation and OpenGL ES
About the AuthorJoe Conway, iPhone instructor for The Big Nerd Ranch, has been writing software on the Mac platform since he was a teenager, and began consulting and training for The Big Nerd Ranch shortly after graduating from the University of Wisconsin. And recently - iPhone Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
Aaron Hillegass, CEO of Big Nerd Ranch, has more than 18 years of experience as a software engineer and developer trainer. He wrote the Big Nerd Ranch course on Cocoa, drawing from his experiences working at Apple and NeXT as senior trainer and curriculum developer. He is author of Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X (Addison-Wesley), the definitive guide to Cocoa programming.And is now the co-author of iPhone Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide with Joe Conway.