Eager to start developing applications for the iPad? Then look no further than the book in your hands. This comprehensive, hands-on approach to iPad development walks you through all the necessary tools and skills required for successful iPad app programming. You'll first familiarize yourself with the iPhone® SDK, Xcode®, and Interface Builder tools, all of which provide a solid foundation for developing apps.
You'll then explore the features and syntax of the Objective-C® language, which is essential for creating most iPad apps. Plus, you'll discover how to best implement the many features of the iPhone SDK into your apps so that you can deploy your applications to the Apple AppStore.
Beginning iPad Application Development:
* Explains the various types of iPad applications supported by the iPhone SDK
* Discusses the various types of screen orientations and ways to handle rotations
* Covers the new Gesture Recognizers available in this release of the iPhone SDK
* Covers the new Split View-based Application project type
* Zeroes in on database storage using SQLite3
* Examines Web Services, Bluetooth programming, and Bonjour programming
* Covers Apple Push Notification Services programming
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use. Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
2017: The Year of Golang
2 months ago