Friday, May 07, 2010

Canon PowerShot SX20IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch Articulating LCD

Canon PowerShot SX20IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch Articulating LCD I read and read, researched and researched...in the end I was suffering from info overload. I had selected the Canon Powershot SX20IS, a Sony and a Panasonic as the finalists. I chose Canon because I have used Canon cameras off and on for thirty years. The reasons I chose the SX20IS were;

1. It was a canon
2. My current camera was a canon I570..love it
3. Stereo sound recording for Hi Def videos (720p)
4. Longer zoom.
5. Color swap (download the PDF manual for more info)
6. Familiarity with the canon menus and buttons.
7. Amazon Customer Service *****
8. Amazon pricing!!!

Cons;

1. Heavy and bulky (2 1/2 pounds ) not unlike a DSLR , but much lighter price wise :)
2. A small percentage of pics look over saturated with color ( an easy fix if you have Photoshop )
3. Amazon free shipping (almost 2 weeks)

1 comment:

Polymath07 said...

Thanks for your comment. Per this post: I have a Nikon DSLR (the D40, minimal) and a Canon SD1200 which is better for certain uses.

Related Posts with Thumbnails