Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Why of Work: How Great Leaders Build Abundant Organizations That Win

Dave & Wendy Ulrich have produced not just a guide for becoming a better leader and organization but they have created a way for all of us to ask 7 core questions of ourselves on our journey to a more abundant life.

The key highlight for me early in the book is when it is written that "When we find meaning in our work, we find meaning in Life". It was then that I realized that this was not just another book that will help me find better balance in my work but in my life. We do spend more time at work than anywhere else and to think that the two can be managed separately is crazy! This book brings the two together in a meaningful and thoughtful way.

Wrapped around 7 key questions makes the book an easy read and perfect road map to happier work and a more meaningful relationships in and out of work. My favourite question is "What Delights Me?". What a wonderful way to identify what we really value and what makes us happy.

I recommend it for reading by business leaders, future business leaders and anyone looking for a more meaningful and abundant life!

Well done Dave & Wendy and thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails