Monday, September 27, 2010

Hello, Android: Introducing Google's Mobile Development Platform

I have been a developer for nearly 10 years now and I have bought an incredible volume of books over this time period. This book, Hello Android was one of my favorites to actually "read". This book covers the complete creation of a game from start to finish. What I like about the book is that the author explains what we are going to do, shows the coding to make it happen, explains why we are coding it that way and if it is something graphical he shows us what it should look like. What more an you ask for? I also like how he can guess what your question may be and answers it.

For example he talks about colors values( alpha, red,green & blue). My first question was "What the heck is alpha". I turn the page..then there it is he explains it. This book was enjoyable as opposed to so many other books I have bought. I sat down and read half of it while my husbands was getting his hair done. To me it read like a novel.

I can not find anything bad to say about this book. I read some of the other reviews and I was surprised by what others had wrote. I can only guess that their negative responses are a result of their limited experience.

The point of the book is to get one started in Android programming and that is exactlty what it does. I am hoping I will find other books written by this author.

Get a copy or see other excellent reviews to see what others are saying about this book

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails